[rescue] SunFDDI

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Jan 19 08:03:02 CST 2004

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 08:52:27PM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>
> > Ahh, I can't find the packages because they are on the supplemental
> > software CDs, which I don't have.  Oh well, I shall resume searching
> > Suns web site for how to get the packges without shelling out $200ish tomorrow.
>
> I believe Brian Hechinger has made Solaris 9 properly find FDDI cards.
> He either posted the answer to either rescue@ or that other place that
> isn't up anymore.  I'll see if I stashed his post somewhere.

I found a line that needs to be entered into /etc/system in a post from
Michael Schiller, to get Solaris 9 to detect a SunFDDI sbus card.

However, I would expect that requires that I have the SunFDDI software
installed, wouldn't it?  And I've conclusively determined that I don't
have it installed, and I don't have the current version at all, as it is
on the software supplement CDs, which I also don't have.  I believe it
should be available for download from elsewhere on Sun's web site, but I
haven't had time to search since realizing exactly what I needed to
find.