[rescue] A productive weekend...

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Sun Jan 18 19:28:54 CST 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> Cool score.  Do you intend to use them on an SGI?

 Most definitely.

 In our Distributed Computing lab we're going to be obtaining a 4xR4.4k
Onyx with InfiniteReality graphics, and I've got an Indigo2 that I use as
my primary box that I intend to play with these on.

 Trick is how we're going to get it interacting with our non-SGI equipment
and other visualization devices (such as our tiled display wall):

	http://cs.geneseo.edu/~mth2/dslab/

> There are some applications that support these out of box, but I'm
> having trouble thinking what they might be, other than probably Iris
> Exploreer, and OpenDX.  I know of a few libraries that support them, but
> they are costly.  I wonder if Crystal Space supports them.

 We've been looking into OpenDX for a while, glad to hear it may have
support for these.

 Aside from general visualization tools, any neat demos (molecules to spin
around, 3D space/flight simulators, etc.) that we can come up with can
help to impress those who otherwise wouldn't understand what is going on
(and may be in charge of spending money).

---
 Matthew Haas
 Corning/Geneseo, NY