[rescue] SGI rackmount computer case.... what SGI ?

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat Jan 17 20:06:31 CST 2004

On Jan 17, 2004, at 8:35 PM, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> ViewItem&item=3452679044&category=3669
>
> I'm looking to throw togehter a rackmount system (for home) on the
> cheap.... and ran into this on ebay....
>
> What SGI system used these cases ?

As far as I can tell... none.  There is no machine matching this case.
The closest you get is the rackmount 1400 and that has three honking
huge power supplies along one side... this case only supports one power
supply.  This actually looks like a fraud.

> While the seller says "most" atx boards will fit in this, I can't tell
> if it really looks quite atx (mainboard opening in rear looks a bit
> longer and a bit less tall than standard atx openings ???
>
> Do the bays in this require some sort of rails ?

Don't know.  It looks a lot like a generic PC case that someone painted
a door to look like an SGI for.

Andrew