[rescue] Cluesticks (was Mounting and Dumping)

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 17 05:12:27 CST 2004

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:55:38 -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2004, at 5:36 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> >>   I firmly believe it's not the low current prices, but the high
> >> executive compensation that is to blame here.

I'm not sure high executive compensation makes a great deal of
difference to the bottom line ... however ...

> > Seriously, I can think of no occupation on Earth that legitimately
> > deserves an annual salary involving eight, or even seven, digits
> > ahead of the decimal point.

I'm pretty doubtful of six figure salaries as well bearing in mind that
I think in pounds (which is still worth a bit more than a dollar).

> Agreed.  These fucking suits are a complete waste of oxygen in
> 99.5% of cases.

That's a bit cruel ... think of the plants they're helping to keep alive
with the CO2 they're breathing out. I remember when my previous boss was
off sick for an extended period ... the only real difference was that we
had to work a bit harder because he did do some technical work to keep
his hand in. He once said his main purpose as a manager was to stop
other managers wasting our time.