[rescue] Now what, SGI Challenge L Department

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 15:00:23 CST 2004

--- "Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at cmhcsys.com> wrote:
> OK, so I'm not getting enough grief from the Indigo2 ...
>
> I'm getting memory errors on my Challenge L.  So far, there's not
> much of a pattern, and none have been uncorrectible.

OK, time for a dumb question - why do you feel you need to correct
these? By virtue of the design of your machines memory subsystem, these
appear to *me* as non-problems.

Having said that - are you sure there was ever a time when these errors
*didn't* occur? I suspect (and I defer to the group for a final answer)
that these are common errors, and you only noticed them recently - they
have always been happening... ABsent a pattern, I don't know what you
could do (aside from reseating all the SIMMs ;^)...

Just a different perspective,

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall