[rescue] OT superdlt question...

nimitz at ns1.nimitzbrood.com nimitz at ns1.nimitzbrood.com
Fri Jan 16 10:20:46 CST 2004

I have recently rejoined the ranks of Windows Hell - thankfully at my old pay and hopefully this will garner me an E450 as they unwisely phase it out.

The cr at ppy Dell boxes they installed almost 4 years ago are using a Sony DDS-4 tape loader that reeks.  I can't get it to work right regardless of what I do with it.

I'd like to replace it with one of the Qauntum SDLT 320 drives - has anybody used one of these?  160GB native/ 320GB compressed.  On one tape.

>From what I've seen/read/experienced DLT drives in general are far more stable than most. Anybody have any better data?

TIA!

Mike Hebel