[rescue] Danger Color Sidekick -or- Nokia 3300 ?

Nadine Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Wed Jan 14 13:39:07 CST 2004

Brooke Gravitt wrote:

>>   It cannot.  That's the last thing about it that's not "wonderful".
>>
>>         -Dave
>>

> But it will work as a replacement of a pager (like the blackberry), right?
> If I can eliminate *two* devices at once, I'm good to go.

It has a web browser, phone, AIM client, Address book (not
syncable with your computer, though the MissingSync people
claim to have one "in the works"--I'm not holding my breath),
games, downloadable apps/ringtones (all T-Mo approved, right
now, that means 4 apps of which ssh is one), can receive
SMS messages, and has a POP email client.

There are no commercial apps available that are user installable
AFAIK.  All apps have to be approved by T-Mo and are over-the-
air installed.  Color may have more features, mine is B&W.

In my experience the SMS support is a bit spotty (delays getting
vmail notices--don't know if this is a vmail problem or SMS).

What feature of the Blackberry equates to "pager"--do you mean
actual GPRS paging service?  If that's what you want, no there
is no such animal as far as I am aware for the SK.

Also, the SK is 900 GSM only, not 900+1800 (1900? can't
remember), at least that's the case with the B&W.

I like T-Mo--been very happy with it for the most part.  But all
the damned delays from Danger on software, OS updates, etc.
suck canal water.  I have a couple of other choice phrases
to apply, but you get my drift.

=Nadine=