[rescue] SparcStation 370 and 470 for Free (Northern Virginia)

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Tue Jan 13 20:09:28 CST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks at mac.com>
Date: Monday, January 12, 2004 7:08 pm
Subject: [rescue] SparcStation 370 and 470 for Free (Northern Virginia)

> These two machines are sitting at the corner of Lee Highway and
> Hartland Road in Fairfax, VA.  Both seem to have one system board,
> and one seems to have a framebuffer, and possibly a VME diagnostic
> board.
> I know no info about them, a friend found them sitting there and
> told me.

Amazingly the nvrams in both were working.  The 3rd party memory board
on the 4/400 is 128m!  The 4/300 had 32m of simms onboard.
The p4 framebuffer was indeed a cg6.

They both work great.  I'm typing this on the 4/470.
Now I only need a 4/200 board to be 4/x00 complete.

Netscape 4.03 is very fast, 4.61 is not too bad either
on this machine.