[rescue] women Re: silencing a sparcserver 1000

Nadine Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Tue Jan 13 15:29:18 CST 2004

Samuel Kopel wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> 	Same here, when I met her at the college roleplaying game club and
> then at a dinner another club was giving a few nights later I knew we
> would compatible. Now I get in trouble if I build a server and don't give
> her the root password.
>
>  On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Kevin Loch wrote:
>
>>When I found an attractive woman who had more LEGO than I did
>>and knew what a Sun workstation was, I knew my search had ended.
>>Oh, and she's a cat person.  I can't stress enough how important
>>pet prefernce compatability is.  Not just because of the pets
>>but because of the related personality traits.

I met the husband-unit at an SF group, then started
playing table-top RPGs with his roommates and him
before we started dating.  Married after 5 months.
It's now almost 10 years.

He likes cats and dogs (I haven't had a dog since
I was a kid, but may again when I get a real house),
and he's less of a computer geek than he used to be
(burned out, I think).  But we still read the same
kinds of books, play RPGs together, flirt with the
same people (male and female, ironically enough--
geek/brainy-person flirting I guess) and, most of
the time know what the other's thinking before
the words come out.

=Nadine=