[rescue] Re: KVM recommendations

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Jan 12 21:42:46 CST 2004

Bill said:

"We had something similar to this in an IBM cluster-in-a-rack we
shipped
back to them (loaner) a month or so ago.  I hated it. 8-("

Any particular problems? I use mine main as a console extension tool
rater than a kvm (I have spread across three different locations in the
same building). I have three slave cards in use - each connected to an 8-
port Apex Omniview.

I can see that using one in a cluster config could suck (especially with 1U
machines - where losing a PCI slot to the slave card is a big deal) but it
seems to work well for what I'm doing.

Regards,

Gavin