[rescue] imac keyboard parts (or for parts) wanted

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Jan 12 08:07:27 CST 2004

Curt Wilbar wrote:

> Was hoping maybe someone has a keyboard that went dead, is missing
> keys, or the like, that I could scavange....

   Any USB keyboard should Just Work. So unless you want that cute little
"official" iMac keyboard, just grab something else and use that until you can
repair/replace the keyboard that came with the iMac. (The small footprint is
handy on a crowded desk, and I often long for one when I'm in our datacenter
where those surfboard-sze Sun USB keyboards don't fit well in the racks.)
   I have a 600MMhz iMac DV, and it's great. I stuffed 512 MB of memory into
it, and I happily run my Suns from home. :7)
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator