[rescue] silencing a sparcserver 1000

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 10 10:13:02 CST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 07:30:24 -0800 (PST), Lionel Peterson wrote:
> > Since she IS a girl and cant seem to pick up 100 pound packages.
>
> WOW - her gender has nothing to do with her ability to pick up 100

True ... I've known a few women who have more strength than me.

> pounds... The ability to lift 100 pounds is not that common I think

It's not *that* heavy ... it translates to roughly 45kg which is a good
deal less than an Octane packaged for shipping (around 75kg ...
someone else's figure). I don't remember having any trouble when my
Octane arrived and I had to carry it to my flat on the 1st floor.

Mind you if I had a partner who routinely ordered 45kg or heavier
packages and expected me to carry them in whilst they were at work, I
might get a little grouchy.