[rescue] Tadpole SPARCle contest contact

Devin L. Ganger devin at thecabal.org
Sat Jan 10 04:43:54 CST 2004

Did anyone else get a phone call this week regarding the SPARCle
giveaway contest?  I got a message to call Diane at Tadpole regarding
the contest, and when I did, she said it was to let me know the drawing
date had been moved to sometime this week and to find out if they could
send me info on current sales.

Now, I understand that contests are good ways to generate sales leads
and I don't mind that at all, but it strikes me that it doesn't take too
many entrants before the effort of hand-calling all of them (for
whatever purpose) becomes too much.  In my case, at least, I'm a former
customer -- I bought Solaris 7 from them for my Sparcbook 3GX a couple
years back -- so they already had my data.

I'm just trying to figure out why I'd have gotten that call and if it
was on the up-and-up.  She didn't ask for personal info.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
"Aikido is based around the central precept of letting an attack take