[rescue] silencing a sparcserver 1000

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Fri Jan 9 17:16:49 CST 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 05:36:58PM -0500, Stephen Sukovich wrote:
> have one rule... I cant buy anything that weighs more
> than she does or if I do I have to be here to carry it
> up the stairs. Before anyone else cracks the comment :)
> she weights about 100 lbs right now plus or minus 5.

Well, you can start taking her out to Chinese buffets and the like ... :-)

> Ive thought about rigging something up and replacing 2 of
> the huge 20 cm fans with a few smaller size ones. I even

Personally I think the number and noise of the fans is overkill and
from what I remember you could probably turn off some of them without
damaging anything.

However I would suggest looking into a printer enclosure or the like
that will muffle the fans.  Alternatively get a smaller rackmount unit
and mount the SS1000 inside that. I mean the kind with doors :-)

Oh yeah, is she cute and does she have a sister?  It is sort
obligatory to ask that question on this list...

--Patrick