[rescue] Peoblem with U30...

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Mon Jan 5 16:31:38 CST 2004

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Hello - I'm having a problem with an Ultra 30 that was recently pulled
> out of storage - it won't power up (fully)...  What I mean is, I plug
> it in to the wall, connect a known good keyboard & mouse, and power the
> unit up. The power light above the power switch does not light up, but
> the HDs & CD seem to power up fine.

Did it work before it went in storage?  If so, reseat everything...

In the your-problem-may-be-just-like-mine category... when I got my Ultra
2, it had no CPUs, I got a 200 and put it in and got nothing, just like
you are.  No serial.  Nothing.  Ended up being the CPU jumper was set
wrong for a 200 CPU.  Since the CPU wouldn't work, I got nothing from
the machine.

So, check the speed jumper for the CPU.

--Kurt