[rescue] VAX hardware (wanted)

Corey corey at phix.com
Sun Jan 4 14:46:06 CST 2004

Greetings --

Any list subscribers out there with old piles
of VAX hardware? I recently acquired a VAX 3400
on which I intend to install NetBSD and put up
on to the net. The problem is that NetBSD does
not support the integrated DSSI (a predecessor
of SCSI) controller. Therefore, I either must
hang SCSI drives off of the QBus SCSI controller
(an ugly, inelegant fix) or find a QBus DSSI
controller, which NetBSD will talk to. The
part number is KFQSA-SG, which is the standard
DEC QBus DSSI controller for the BA213 enclosure.
If you have one to sell/trade/donate, kindly
reply.

My last resort is to buy one from a DEC
hardware dealer, but I would prefer to avoid
that unpleasant option if possible.

Regards,

---corey