[rescue] my first big iron! and a couple of questions:

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Fri Jan 2 07:09:50 CST 2004

On Friday, January 2, 2004, at 05:14 AM, Dan Williams wrote:

> phoetoid wrote:
>
>> Well I finally got around to finding some old hardware, a Compaq
>> Proliant 6000 quad pentium pro box with 4 9 gig drives in it, and two
>> 500/750 watt psu's. its pretty large for my house :/
>> But in all my glee, I was wondering if anyone knows of any tools or
>> programs to configure the LCD on the dang thing?  It has the name of
>> the place where I got it from written on the LCD right now....so it
>> has to be programmable...I tried the latest compaq smartstart CD, but
>> that didn't have any options that had to do with the LCD. I have
>> googled up the wazoo for info on this LCD, but didn't find anything.
>> any help or linkage would be awesome. oh and happy new year!
>> Thanks in advance
>> -Charlie
>>
> I've got the disks for config and for the mylex raid controller. I'll
> dig them out for you.

And I may or may not still have SmartStart CDs for various functions
around here somewhere.  I just don't recall where I put them at the
moment...

Oh, and no, this system is not "big iron".

It does however do database serving fairly well - even under Winblows.
I admin'd a rack or two of these running Windows NT and Oracle 8i back
in "da day".  ;-)

Mike Hebel