[rescue] Q: OpenStep 1.0 on Solaris 2.6

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Mon Feb 16 16:42:00 CST 2004

Hello there I just got a copy of OpenStep for Solaris, in the reqirements
list they say that 2.5.1 is needed (which I assume that is due to the time
frame the software was released).

Did 2.6 "break" many things with respect to 2.5.1? Since I only have a 2.6
copy and I am thinking about having a dual CPU or ultra machine running
OpenStep just for kicks, since NextStep for Sparc did not support either
configuration.

Google has returned surprisingly little information, esp since I remember
SUN making a big stink about OpenStep a few years ago (I guess that is
before they went apeshit with Java).