[rescue] Re: [geeks] IKEA "Jerker" desk instructions?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 16 16:05:47 CST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 16:46, Kevin wrote:
> All of your statements about "In the beginning" were true, but i
> still enjoyed it enough to read it twice.

I don't know what I was expecting, but I couldn't understand what the
publisher was expecting to happen whenit ws published. (I haven't, and
probably won't, read his novels, as the one comment I heard on one of
his novels was that it started out very good, but fell apart in the
second half of the book.)

I imagine it to be akin to the way Garp got his book on the "Ellen
Jamesians" published in "The World According to Garp" - an influential
writer, a populist topic, and a reluctant publisher that acquiesces to
the writer's whims... ("The World According to Garp" was a great read,
along with most of his other books - I'd say all, but I haven't read
them all yet ;^)

--
======
Lionel