[rescue] New toy - AlphaServer 800

Robert Rose rescue at mylighthouse.net
Sat Feb 14 17:09:45 CST 2004

On 15/02/2004, at 2:50 AM, Dave wrote:
> Those machines are capable of amazing amounts of work.
Any comparison to an Origin 200?  Been lusting after one of them for a
few years now (well actually I've been lusting after an affordable 8+
CPU Origin 2000, but finding one seems to be impossible); however, if
this thing is roughly comparable (despite the obvious single CPU
restriction and fewer drive bays) then I think I'm in love.

>> 3. The first serial port appears to be MMJ, is there a way to get the
>> console to appear on a DB9 serial port so I can ditch this damn PS2
>> keyboard?
>
>    Dunno offhand...but why not just get an MMJ cable?

'cos anything MMJ is hard to find around here (Australia).  It will
probably take me a few weeks to track down something or bastardize an
existing connector to fit.

Rob