[rescue] Monitor compatibility

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Feb 11 22:36:45 CST 2004

I have a rescued Sun GDM-90W10 monitor (OEM'd Sony GDM-W900) which is
showing distressing signs of impending failure.  While trying to find
the cost of replacements, I came across a SGI GDM-W90D11 which is SGI's
badged version of the same monitor, and has the same input connections
(one HD15 VGA, one 13W3).

However, my recollection from prior discussions here is that SGI 13W3 is
not the same as Sun 13W3.  Can anyone substantiate or refute?  Will a
Sun framebuffer drive an SGI 13W3 monitor?

'Course, one of the current 24.1" LCD monitors would probably be the
ideal replacement ...  but those are reeeeeeeaaaaaally spendy.

 : alaric at caerllewys.net|alaric-ruthven at earthlink.net|alaric at novylen.net  :