[rescue] restorations and keyboards

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Tue Feb 3 10:40:47 CST 2004

Hello,

> There are those who seek out unique and important old computers, so that
> they can restore, preserve, and venerate them.  I'm not one of those people.
> I take any old cruft that comes along, and just use it.

  I'm doing both. I like preserving nice hardware but I also use it -
  after all it's going to die one way or the other eventually so why
  not use it as long as it works? There is time enough for having it
  just to look at when it's really broken.

  Regarding "restoration" I'm open to anything that keeps the system
  in a working shape. Using a modern disk in an old Sun is ok,
  replacing the logic board with a Mini ITX board is not.

--
Best regards,
 Gerhard                            mailto:mail at g-lenerz.de

Old SGI Stuff                       http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/