[rescue] SGI rackmount computer case.... what SGI ?

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Mon Feb 2 22:34:50 CST 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 21:06, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> On Jan 17, 2004, at 8:35 PM, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
>
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> > ViewItem&item=3452679044&category=3669
> >
> > I'm looking to throw togehter a rackmount system (for home) on the
> > cheap.... and ran into this on ebay....
> >
> > What SGI system used these cases ?
> >
> As far as I can tell... none.  There is no machine matching this case.
> The closest you get is the rackmount 1400 and that has three honking
> huge power supplies along one side... this case only supports one power
> supply.  This actually looks like a fraud.

Well, I picked one up.  It is brand new.  If it is a fake, it is
very "nice" fake... the logo looks pretty genuine...

I'm guessing by the model # of the case it is an Enlight case.
top of the "Installation Guide" says "EN-8991001 Installation Guide
P/N:3639103".

Could this have possibly been for some sort of prototype, for internal
SGI use of some sort, or the like ?

Doesn't really matter all that much to me.. it looks nice, has a layout
that will work for what I want, and I could take or leave the plain
vanilla sgi (all lowercase letters) logo.

-- Curt