[rescue] Favorite Keyboards (audio recording!)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 29 06:14:14 CST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at cmhcsys.com>
To: "'The Rescue List'" <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 2:14 PM
Subject: RE: [rescue] Favorite Keyboards (audio recording!)

> ConWiz has it that the average programmer turns out the equivalent of 3
> lines of COBOL code per day, on average.  Typing speed wouldn't seem to
> change that very much, since 3 lines of COBOL doesn't represent much
> typing
> at all.

I take it you've never programmed in COBOL three lines of COBOL is a lot of
typing ;^)

I think that statistic is BS anyway, unless it is truely accurate, and it
reflects the reality that a COBOL programer these days spends most of their
time maintaining old code, not writing new code...

Three function points, maybe...