[rescue] Wanted: 16M 72-pin parity SIMMs & Dell GXa CPU board/RAM

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Tue Dec 28 02:09:42 CST 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 10:12:18PM -0500, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> Memory from most Compaq Proliants should work just fine in that.

Thans for the tip - will check on ePay.

> No it won't fit. The GX series boxes are way proprietary. On a side note the
> W6Li is a nice board. I still have one with a pair of PPRO PII 333 MHz
> OverDrive procs installed. My only complaint is no way to boot from CD-ROM
> (Old BIOS)

Yep, the GXa has a proprietary daughterboard for the second CPU (the
other CPU is on the mobo). My machine has a CPU on the mobo and the
"filler" in the place of the daughterboard. For some weird reason
I'm a huge fan of the PPro, so I'd love to get a second CPU into
my little GXa (which would admittedly be overkill, 'cos it's my
firewall/router).

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner      | http://mj.turner.org.za/