[rescue] Door Prize

Gary Nichols gary at linuxforce.org
Mon Dec 20 16:39:40 CST 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, sammy ominsky wrote:
> Any upgrade path?  Graphics options? SCSI controllers?  Faster CPUs?
> Anything?

Everything you need to know is here:
http://040.digital-bless.com/texts/Unofficial_Sun_Blade_100_FAQ.htm

I have a 100 that I upgraded with SCSI, RAM and it's still slower than my
U2 box.  The power supply fan on the 100 is *loud* if you have the 100
sitting on a desk.  Under the desk it's not nearly as loud.  The case is
very flimsy, and RAM isn't the cheapest on the planet.  Solaris 10 seems
to like the blade so far (no problems).

I also recommend you go with an Expert 3d Lite or equivilant card.  The
onboard ATI just blows.  The Expert 3d is very pretty under solaris - but
don't expect it to work under XFREE86/X.ORG.