[rescue] Windows 2000

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Mon Dec 20 07:30:28 CST 2004

At Deneba, we used a PPC PowerStack, running NT 4.0 as an FTP
server for many years. I left there in 2001, as far as i know,
it may still be running on that little box.

Motorola gave it to us to put it through it's paces and see how
it ran, probably in the hopes that we would develop some PPC NT
software at some point.

That is a great little machine.  A PPC 604 130mhz if i remember
correctly.

/KRM

On 17 Dec 2004 00:04:27 -0500
james <james at jdfogg.com> wrote:

> > IBM shipped at least a few PPC "Thinkpad Power" notebooks
> > that ran NT or AIX out of the box. I've personally used a
> > Thinkpad 860 (166 MHz 603e IIRC) running NT4 on a few
> > occasions, though that was nearly 8 years ago. It was being
> > marketed by their RS/6000 division at the time.
>
> Motorola also produced a PPC system in a mid-tower case and
> pedaled it as an NT server. I've only ever seen one and it was
> while I was working for Motorola. But it ran NT nicely.

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/