[rescue] Solaris PPC ... was ... Windows 2000

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Fri Dec 17 08:27:21 CST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 02:44, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On 17 Dec 2004 00:04:27 -0500
> james <james at jdfogg.com> wrote:
>
> > Motorola also produced a PPC system in a mid-tower case and pedaled it
> > as an NT server. I've only ever seen one and it was while I was
> > working for Motorola. But it ran NT nicely.
> I have a Motorola PowerStack, nice mid-tower case like you tell. It has
> an ARC firmware for booting NT... Looks like we are talking about the
> same. ;-)

Is that the same Motorola PPC system that would run Solaris for PPC ?

Would like to find one of the Motorola or IBM systems that will run
Solaris for PPC (although I only have media for a pre (build) release of
Solaris for PPC (2.5 or 2.5.1 can't recall which)).

I know there was the IBM development system (nicknamed 'sandalfoot')
that ran it, a Motorola system, and I'm not sure beyond that....

Anyone out there know much about Solaris on PPC (I think they had
2.5 and possibly 2.5.1 for it and then dropped it).

-- Curt