[rescue] Windows 2000

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Thu Dec 16 17:31:12 CST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:

> the development of Win2k for Alpha went as far as final beta or Release
> Candidate I think, then compaq announced that it will not be supporting the
> Alpha h/w running windows & m$ dropped it, if you look around on any of the
> final/gold release of Win2k CD's you'll find a txt file with the official
> statement from compaq.

I believe that M$ forced Compaq to pay and support most of the NT
development for AXP. At some point they decided to not sink more money in
it, and M$ dropped it faster than you can say X86.

Other interesting ports of NT that never saw the light of day: Intergraph
Clipper, PA-RISC and... Sparc! I almost shitted bricks when I found out
Sun was at some point cuddling with M$ to port NT to Sparc.....