[rescue] IRIX media question

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Dec 14 16:07:42 CST 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Bill Bradford wrote:

> (multiple copies of a lot of these)
>
> IRIX 6.5 Foundation 1
> IRIX 6.5 Foundation 2
> IRIX 6.5 Development Foundation
> IRIX 6.5 Development Libraries
> ONC3/NFS Version 3 (for IRIX 6.2-6.5)

That's a base set.

> IRIX 6.5 Applications (February 2001)
> IRIX 6.5 Applications (May 2001)
> IRIX 6.5 Applications (May 2000)
> IRIX 6.5 Applications (November 2000)

Contrary to the dates on them, most of those will work with any IRIX
release.  However, things will work best if you keep them with an
overlet set of simiar vintiage.

> IRIX 6.5.6 Installation Tools and Overlays (1 of 2)
> IRIX 6.5.6 Overlays (2 of 2)
>
> IRIX 6.5.8 Installation Tools and Overlays (1 of 3)
> IRIX 6.5.8 Overlays (2 of 3)
> IRIX 6.5.8 Overlays (3 of 3)
>
> IRIX 6.5.10 Installation Tools and Overlays (1 of 3)
> IRIX 6.5.10 Overlays (2 of 3)
> IRIX 6.5.10 Overlays (3 of 3)
>
> IRIX 6.5.11 Installation Tools and Overlays (1 of 3)
> IRIX 6.5.11 Overlays (2 of 3)
> IRIX 6.5.11 Overlays (3 of 3)
>
> IRIX 6.5.12 Installation Tools and Overlays (1 of 3)
> IRIX 6.5.12 Overlays (2 of 3)
> IRIX 6.5.12 Overlays (3 of 3)

Those are overlay sets.  To install IRIX you need a base set, an overlay
set, and an optional application CD.

> So, do I even have a "complete set" of some sort here?

Several.  Probably as many as you have copies of "IRIX 6.5 Foundation
1".

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "I've built my whole system with [-fomit-frame-pointer]
Elgin, TX        (  cause it was recommended...as I don't care if a program