[rescue] Re: VA Linux risers, etc

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Dec 8 12:28:00 CST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 09:45, Ido Dubrawsky wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 07:48:05AM -0600, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:
> > Date: 06 Dec 2004 14:16:56 -0500
> > From: james <james at jdfogg.com>
.
.
.
> in a VA Linux 2100 and they don't work.  They're just about an 1/8" too tall
> for the PCI slots.  It really sucks because the VA Linux specific riser cards
> are a pain to hunt down.  There is a company, California Digital, which
> acquired the systems division of VA Linux back in 2001 who continue to provide
> legacy parts for those systems but they don't seem to carry the riser cards.
> I'm going to try and e-mail them to see if they have any available for sale.
>
> Ido

Good luck.

I've e-mailed them a few times already (support, sales, etc) inquiring
about getting drive rails for a VA Research (early name of VA Linux
Systems) box I have.... never even a response.

Since they can gouge you on the custom PCI risers... maybe you'll get
a response....

Anyone out there have drive rails for VA Research boxes (they are
grey plastic with a metal 'spring' locking tab at the front of the
rail.  No part #s on the rails :-(.  They are adjustable, and have
markings for adjustment as such:

 1|3|5|7|9
 _________

They are not standard AT size, rails for an Enlight AT case don't
fit, nor do rails for LEO (FIC) cases.... the case has 3 5.25" bays
but I only have rails for one bay :-(... and it's a really well made
case.  Anyone know who made the cases ????

-- Curt