[rescue] Very Small SBUS System?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Aug 14 02:15:21 CDT 2004

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Patrick Finnegan wrote:

> The SparcStation LX and SparcStation Classic use a 50MHz proc, which is
> the same MHz speed as your SM51,

And about one-third as fast.

> but I'm not sure how much cache it has

32K, shared between instructions and data, IIRC.

Don't get me wrong, they're great boxes, and make terrific gateway boxes
and DNS servers and such, but they're not fast.  Their design goal was
to be approximately as fast as a SPARCstation 2.

--
Jonathan Patschke )"We're Germans and we use Unix.  That's a combination
Elgin, TX        (  of two demographic groups known to have no sense of