[rescue] Compaq Disk Trays

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Thu Aug 5 11:07:42 CDT 2004

> " From: Zach Lowry <zach at zachlowry.net>
> "
> " Francois Dion wrote:
> "
> " > The trays dont have firmware or anything like that to set the size.
>  " > Many times we've used old 4.3GB trays, removed the hard disk and
> put  " > larger capacity drives in them.
> " >
> " Yes, but all of the ones I have are 50-pin, save a few. This makes
> them  " pretty much useless for drives of any speed or capacity.
>
> seagate st336918n?

If these are the trays I'm thinking about then they have enough space to
use SCA->68/50 adapters and work with other drives just fine.
These are what I'm thinking of:

http://tinyurl.com/3wnc2

I have a JBOD tower with a mix of 68 and 50 pin versions of these in it.

Mike
----
"I think we used too much!" - Chris Knight