[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Fri Apr 30 13:20:26 CDT 2004

Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Dave McGuire wrote:
>

>>   The only thing it falls down on it its *DEFAULT* use of SATA.
>

> Dave, gotta disagree with you on this.  The SATA setup in the G5 is
> amazingly fast, it spanks the systems we have with U320 SCSI.

I have been fantastically pleased with SATA on my webservers,
which have hundreds of simultaneous reads going all the time.

I bought them because I needed severl hundred gigs, and I couldn't
afford SCSI.  I expected it to suck less than ATA133, but it
sucks *alot* less.

Now, if FreeBSD would just fix their damn sata drivers.....