[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Apr 30 12:56:55 CDT 2004

Fri, 30 Apr 2004 @ 12:40 -0400, Dave McGuire said:

>   Jon, don't bother.  This guy is either clueless, on some PC maker's
> payroll, or is so bored with his own life that he likes to push
> peoples' buttons for kicks.  I've been betting on the latter, but that
> may be wishful thinking.

No, the problem is you guys are reading things that I haven't said.

I said that replacing PCs with workstations is harder because PCs are
very cheap and fast, and you can't get workstations with the same speed
in the same price range.

You've blown things all out of proportion since then.

Also, you give counter-examples like a Sun U60, which would feel like a
downgrade to most PC users.

PCs are cheap power, and since the market is driven by price and
software features, it makes workstations a hard sell.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The strength of the Constitution lies
entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it.  Only if every