ethernet and switches, was Re: [rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Nathan Raymond nate at portents.com
Fri Apr 30 12:19:12 CDT 2004

Yes, last I checked, Apple only supports jumbo frames on the
Broadcom-based gig-e cards they bundle with systems like the XServe.
Looking in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext, inside
AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext, inside Info.plist, /Root/IOKitPersonalities/PCI
Matching/IONameMatch it seems the driver will support cards with the
following PCI identifiers:

pci106b,8
pci106b,9
pci14e4,16a6
pci14e4,1648
pci14e4,165d

Of course, even if you get one of those Broadcom cards, the NetGear GS105
won't support jumbo frames anyway, AFAIK.

--
Nathan Raymond