[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Apr 30 11:36:33 CDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 11:36:17AM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> > I haven't found a used workstation with that much speed south of $1000
> > anywhere.  The primary problem seems to be graphics.
>
> You make it sound like you can't do anything without 30 OpenGL rendering
> contexts on your display.  What an unusual text editor you must use!

30?  That would make a Geforce ill.  Now maybe a Quadro (multiple
hardware clip regions)...

It wouldn't have to be an unusual text editor either.  Maybe he is using
Jot.  Or maybe he has a port of GTK/QT/whatever that runs on GL instead
of X11/GDI.  Or, perhaps he even has an X11 server that sits on top of
GL.