[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Fri Apr 30 11:15:29 CDT 2004

On Friday 30 April 2004 11:09, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Apr 30, 2004, at 11:54 AM, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> > That's how I cooled my S/390 this winter.  Unfortunately, it's warm
> > again, and that won't work anymore.
>
>    Wait a minute...didn't you just say you didn't have an OS for it?
> What was it doing, sitting there halted? ;)

There's some diagnostics that the SE laptop can load onto the machine.
And sitting there halted as I tried to figure out how to configure/do
stuff with the machine (looking for the non-existant-on-that-gen "boot
from CD/server" option, and figuring out how to make an IOCP).

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/
The Computer Refuge               ---  http://computer-refuge.org