[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Apr 30 10:02:58 CDT 2004

Thu, 29 Apr 2004 @ 16:23 -0400, Dave McGuire said:

> >>  It did.  It's tremendously popular on modern systems.  PCs, however,
> >>are not modern systems.
> >
> >Forth BIOS on PCI cards has taken off?
> >
> >System BIOS, yes, but every PCI card I've had seems to have a
> >CPU/system
> >specific BIOS.
>
>   I was actually talking about system firmware.

Well, I'm talking about card BIOS.  Years ago they talked about making
it possible to use all cards on any system by having enough of a CPU
neutral BIOS for bootstrapping.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Work for something because it is good, not
just because it stands a chance to succeed." -- Vaclav Havel]