[rescue] SGI, Origin 200, and speed?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Apr 30 02:48:01 CDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:14:54 -0400
Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> On the other hand, how much does a Qlogic (which I believe is what SGI
> rebadged for everything other than the O2) SCSI card cost?  I've heard
> reports that you can use up to a generic ISP1080, not to mention the
> ISP1040s.
>From my Octanes hinv:
1 300 MHZ IP30 Processor
[...]
Integral SCSI controller 0: Version QL1040B (rev. 2), single ended
[...]
Integral SCSI controller 1: Version QL1040B (rev. 2), single ended
Integral SCSI controller 2: Version QL1040B (rev. 2), single ended

Controller 2 is a ISP1040 that I ripped out of my Alpha PWS 500au.
(There is now a Symbios U2W in that box.) I threw it into the PCI card
cage and it just worked. A SGI reseller on ebay.de sells ISP1080 with
the note "supported by IRIX". I saw ISP1040 / ISP1080 going on ebay.de
for 20 or 30 EUR (think $) and less.

FC adapters are much more expensive.
--

tsch|_,