[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Fri Apr 30 04:22:06 CDT 2004

Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Apr 29, 2004, at 7:30 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> > I hate to say this, but that's a lost cause.  The government has done a
> > really fine job over the last 40 years of training the vast majority of
> > people to be ignorant, compliant and apathetic.
>
>    This is very true, but I don't believe it's a lost cause.

IMHO it is if you try to change the world all at once, but if you do it in
small pieces than you can accomplish something.

For example, although their native language is Hebrew, I make sure that
my children speak and eventualy read and write English. That they are
exposed to the real world (whatever that is), they hear and see news
and movies from the outside. We spend a lot of money on books cable TV and
DVDs from abroad.

I'm starting my eight year old on a slippery slope. :-) Having spent
most of his computerusing life (about 4 years) on a PC, he saw me
playing with a MAC laptop and asked for one. So I bought him an old
(1400cs) and let's see what he does with it.

Geoff.
Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com