[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Thu Apr 29 22:02:37 CDT 2004

> I think Dave *is* Mr. Protocol, and his VCR most likely is *broadband*,
 > suking up all channels 24x7, then after analyzing the tape off-line
 > (NSA-style, realtime is too expensive), he watches highlights in his
 > spare time.

Reminds me of someone here who said that everything runs NetBSD, and
mentioned a furnace as an example.

Recently the control unit on my (hot water) furnace died. I looked at
the sensors, the controls, and the logic it had to understand, looked at
the stack of computer hardware in the corner, and thought... gee, I
wonder...

I did finally have a furnace control put in, but I thought it would be
*so* *cool* to say that my *furnace* ran NetBSD. My wife did not think
that was *nearly* as cool as I did though...

Someday...

SteveS