[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Apr 29 20:44:09 CDT 2004

On Apr 29, 2004, at 9:13 PM, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
>>    I know that.  You've obviously missed my entire point.  It was
>> probably my fault for not explaining myself more clearly.
>
> ... A nice way of saying "let me say that again, but slower, so you'll
> get
> it."

   Well, umm...yeah.

>>    The trouble is, the FUCKING SHEEP in this society have gotten used
>> being told what to buy...
>
> The flock is large, and we are few.

   Very true.  Does that, however, automatically mean that you (we) must
follow them?  There's that pesky "exercising free will" thing again.  I
know, what a pain.

>>    If people would get off their asses, learn about the issues, make
>> informed decisions, and exercise some free will, PCs and Windows will
>> DIE.
>
> I'd like to believe that, but, people being people, and the number of
> utter
> crap products in every category being huge, it's tough to keep the
> faith.

   You act like it's "hard work" to avoid running Windows PCs.
Personally, I don't use Windows PCs because they're slow, unstable,
unreliable, and generally MORE WORK to deal with.  It's *easier* to use
better systems.  That's why they're "better".

   It's really not about "keeping the faith".

   Though I'm really starting to get the impression that you've been
taking offline bets on how long you can keep me engaged in this
argument, Shel. ;)

         -Dave