[rescue] book score

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Apr 29 17:26:53 CDT 2004

On Apr 29, 2004, at 6:19 PM, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
>>> But do you have an S/360-decendent machine to go with them? : )
>>
>>    I have a P/390, and I *had* an S/390 G5...the guy I bought it from
>> in Texas (and paid for it I might add) has disappeared.
>
> It was an honest question.  I didn't know if you did or didn't have
> anything.  You know, a P/390 is still a PeeCee. :)

   Umm, actually it is a PCI card sitting in a static bag in the closet.

>   You should replace  that with an R/390, so you can feel better about
> yourself.

   I've been trying to find a decent PCI RS/6000 to run it in, but I'm
not going to put much effort into it until I find the fucking software
for the board.  Since my hopes have been repeatedly dashed in that
effort, I'm just about ready to eBay the board.

>>    I seem to remember your machine doesn't run, so don't gloat too
>> much. ;)  Perhaps we should put our heads together and solve this "no
>> functional ESA390-architecture mainframes in the gang" problem.
>
> I would very much like that. :)  Unfortunately, I'm nearly all out of
> ideas.

   Ideas?  We don't need ideas.  We need software. :)  Does your machine
have DASD?

        -Dave