[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Apr 29 15:13:02 CDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> Of course, with them seemingly trying to do everything they can to get
> out of their desktop machines, it doesn't seem all that surprising.

I guess, but I wonder just what in the hell they're thinking people will
run on Altix that won't run better (or at least cheaper) on something
else.  Especially now that you can toss big graphics pipes into Altix,
it seems a stupid time to spin off their graphics software division.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."