[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Apr 29 14:53:07 CDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    The PC design was started in the late 70s but it shipped in 1981.

I may be totally out of my wits here, but I seem to recall a good amount
of the PC design taking place (specifically the pinout of 8-bit ISA and
the locations in memory for most of the key components) as part of an
IBM super-smart typewriter project around 1974, and, due to the time
constraints of the PC project, most of that stuff was recycled into
the 5150.

Of course, that was before my time, so all that knowledge either came
from books, magazine, or The History Channel.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."