[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 29 12:22:05 CDT 2004

Thu, 29 Apr 2004 @ 02:26 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> I think we need to impose a 300% Stupidity Tax on all such case-modding
> components.

What I hate about it is that several cases I like have non-window/modded
variants that the local stores won't sell.

For example, there is a Lian-Li aluminum case I like, but the local
stores only carry the windowed-version.  It's $50 more than the plain
vanilla aluminum case.

Gah!

I also don't like how the parts they sell are all for making things
pretty.

Why not sell cheap drive bays, JBODs, and useful stuff so that "modding"
can add real capability to a machine?

It's just sad that a damn SCSI cable costs three times as much as a
should-be-more-expensive cold cathode.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["People should have access to the data which
you have about them.  There should be a process for them to challenge any