[rescue] A5000 quandry, and What can make a drive fail like this?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Apr 28 16:05:27 CDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Barry Callahan wrote:

> The UPS that our fileserver was sitting on failed, and the machine went down.
> When we restored power to it, the system disk appears to have lost its disk
> label (format reports that it's of unknown type) and that it's unformatted.

Hrm.  If you remember what your partition table looked like, you can
probably just relabel that disk with the same slice map and get most
of your data back.

But make sure you duplicate the disk first. :)

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."