clueless GNOME bashing (was Re: [rescue] Mozilla Firefox)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Apr 28 13:21:56 CDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    What I'd like to know is how to make Visual C++ "go away" and never
> come back.

  1) http://www.ebay.com/
  2) Search for "SGI Octane"
  3) Buy-it-now
  4) Install MIPSpro

All kidding aside, VC++ is really the best option out there for doing
Win32 work.  Since you don't do Win32 work, you don't need it.  I (more
rarely as time goes on) still code an app against the Win32 API from
time-to-time.  VC++ gives me just enough "help"[0] to really speed along
my development for Win32, without getting in my way.

Disclaimer: I still use VC++ 6.0.  No way in hell will I upgrade to that
.net garbage.

[0] Writing the UI resource scripts, auto-completion, tooltips with
    function prototypes.
--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."