clueless GNOME bashing (was Re: [rescue] Mozilla Firefox)

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 28 10:14:09 CDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:27:53 -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> Gnome is being rammed down our throats with little or no viable
> alternatives...indeed, even I am running Sun-supplied Gnome on my desk
> to the left of this Mac, on an UltraSPARC, because CDE blows dog.

I'm not disagreeing, but ...

If you're using Sun's GNOME to look at what GNOME is like, it's worth
pointing out that 2.6 is better than 2.0. At least it feels a lot
snappier on my cheap and nasty x86 laptop. It would seem that at least
some GNOME developers are looking at efficiency ... possibly not enough
though.